LOOK HERE: Florence-related closings and cancellations - Live5News.com | Charleston, SC
As Hurricane Florence heads toward the eastern U.S. for an anticipated Thursday landfall, Lowcountry schools and businesses are evaluating the potential danger and making decisions about their schedules.
We will update any closings, cancellations and schedule changes here.
Schools & Colleges
All public schools in the following counties will close on Tuesday: Aiken, Allendale, Bamberg, Beaufort, Barnwell, Berkeley, Calhoun, Charleston, Colleton, Clarendon, Darlington, Dillon, Dorchester, Florence, Georgetown, Hampton, Horry, Jasper, Lexington, Lee, Marion, Marlboro, Orangeburg, Richland, Sumter, and Williamsburg.
- Ashley Hall will be closed starting Wednesday
- Beaufort County School District has canceled classes until further notice
- Berkeley County Schools will be closed beginning Tuesday until further notice.
- Charleston County School District schools will be closed beginning Tuesday.
- Charleston Southern University will end classes Monday at 2 p.m. and asks students to use Blackboard to keep up with assignments. Campus offices will close at 4 p.m. and remain closed until further notice.
- College of Charleston has canceled all classes and events Tuesday until further notice
- Colleton County School District has canceled school on Tuesday through Friday in anticipation of potential severe weather conditions.
- Dorchester District Two will close all school and facilities Tuesday through Friday
- James Island Christian School will be closed beginning Tuesday.